Due diligence is a program of critical analysis that companies undertake prior to making business decisions in such areas as corporate mergers/acquisitions or major product purchases/sales. The due diligence process, are generally outsourced, is an attempt to provide business owners and managers with reliable and complete background information on proposed business deals so that they can make informed decisions about whether to go forward with the business action. The “due diligence” process involves everything from reading the fine print in corporate legal and financial documents such as equity vesting plans and patents to interviewing corporate officers, and key developers. The goal of such activities is to make sure that there are no hidden drawbacks or traps associated with the business action under consideration.
Many companies undertake the due diligence process with insufficient vigor. In some cases, the prevailing culture views it as a perfunctory exercise to be checked off quickly. In other instances, the outcome of the due diligence process may be tainted (either consciously or unconsciously) by owners, managers, and researchers who stand to benefit personally or professionally from the proposed activity. Businesses should be vigilant against letting such casual or flawed attitudes impact their own processes: an efficient due diligence process can save companies from making costly mistake, which may have profound consequences for the firm’s other operational areas and/or its corporate reputation.
- One stop solution for all your needs related to legal and Compliances
- Efficient and effective handling of entire process within defined SLA and TAT
- We work with our clients as partners and take full ownership end to end of deliverables
- We not only advise about what to do but we roll up our sleeves and say let us make it work together
- We Conduct due diligence with the sole objective to generate valuable due diligence reports and business analyses for our clients, that become an integral component of their decision-making and negotiation processes.
- We offer confidential, sound, unbiased perspective and are the ideal Complement to client’s internal resources