Labor Compliances

You are here: Labor Compliances

Employee Provident Fund (EPF) Registrations

EPF is a fund generated through equal contribution by both employer and employee, which is 12% of the salary of the employee. EPF along with EPS (Employee Pension Scheme) constitute PF. The employee contributes directly for EPF whereas 8.33% of the employer’s contribution falls into EPS and the remaining into EPF. At Aristotle we support our clients with the following:

  • Online registration support
  • Documentation of 9A, 5A forms along with DSC registration
  • Documentation of Form 10C, 19, 15G/H for withdrawal
  • PF compliance services
  • EPF Code No. registration and amendments
  • Issuing certificate of coverage form EPFO
  • On time remittance of monthly statutory contributions
  • Timely preparation and submission of statutory registers and returns
  • Assisting the client in handling inspections by statutory authorities

Employee State Insurance (ESI) Registrations

ESI is a fund maintained by the ESIC. It is applicable to employees earning Rs.21000 or less per month in order to provide cash and medical benefits to them and their families. The fund constitutes partly contribution by employer (4.75%) and employee (1.75%), making it a total of 6.5%. At Aristotle we support our clients with the following:

  • Online registration support
  • ESI Code No. registration and amendments
  • On time remittance of monthly statutory contributions
  • Issuing ESI numbers
  • Timely preparation and submission of statutory registers and returns
  • Assisting the client in handling inspections by statutory authorities
  • Attending quasi-judicial enquiry on behalf of the client
  • Monthly Compliances

Labor Welfare Fund (LWF)

LWF is a cumulative fund created by contributions made both by the employer and employee in accordance with respective state regulations. Employees can utilize the fund as per their need arises. At Aristotle we support our clients with the following:

  • LWF registration
  • Documentation and licensing
  • Compliance Administration

Professional Tax

PT is levied, by state government, upon every government and non-government employee as well as on independent professional (doctors, lawyers, etc.). It is restricted to Rs.2500/- per year. At Aristotle we support our clients with the following:

  • Monthly challan payment
  • Monthly deductions and compliances
  • Yearly or half-yearly returns made in accordance to state policies

Labor Identification Number (LIN)

  • Replacement of multiple employer codes by separate Labor Enforcement Agencies with LIN (a Government of India initiative)

Aristotle also assists clients with end to end administration with respect to the following:

  • Shops and Establishments & Factory Act-1948
  • Bonus Act of 1965
  • Minimum Wages Act-1936
  • Maternity Benefit Act-1961
  • Employers Liability Act- 1938
  • Employment Exchange Act- 1959
  • Child Labor Act-1986
  • Industrial Employment Act-1946
  • Equal Remuneration Act-1976
  • Workmen Compensation Act-1923
  • Contract Labor Act-1970
  • Weekly Holidays Act-1942
  • Employers Liability Act 1938
  • Mines And Mineral Act-1957