In line with the Vishakha Guidelines issued by Supreme Court of India for Protection of woman against sexual harassment at workplace and with the increased cases of sexual harassment at workplace, The Sexual Harassment of women at workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013 was passed in the year 2013 for the Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal of Sexual Harassment of woman at workplace.
The Act prescribes certain Compliances to be made by each employer for the purpose of safety of woman from the sexual harassment.
The Act is applicable on every organization where 10 (Ten) or more than 10 number of employees are employed for any work.
If an Employer fails to comply with provisions of the Act, it shall be punishable with fine that may extend to Rs. 50,000/- (Rupees Fifty Thousand only).
For any subsequent offence, employer shall be punishable with fine that may extend to twice the amount of penalty that could be imposed on first offence and cancellation of license to carry on business or registration, as the case may be.
Our portfolio of services under anti-sexual harassment law includes: –
We shall advise you on all matters pertaining to compliance of provisions of the Act and related laws on Sexual Harassment, as mutually decided from time to time. The main objective is to ensure that an expert guidance is available to you on the above matters at all the times.
- Drafting Policy on prevention, prohibition and redressal of sexual harassment at your organisation;
- Drafting Notice for displaying the details of ICC, penalties for contravention and other information, as per provisions of the Act;
- Drafting Do(s) and Don’t(s) for display on notice board of your organisation;
- To provide assistance for the Constitution of Internal Complainant Committee
- To Provide training to employees on implications of Sexual harassment, their rights & obligations under the Act and orientation programmes for committee members of your organisation;
- Assistance in filing Annual return under the Act; and
- Engagement of one of Our Partner (Woman) at the committee (ICC), as per requirements of law.